Sunday 11 December 2011

SO embarassing!

So it's winter now, and skin tends to be dry, and in particular today I was afflicted with very dry fingertips. Normally, isn't a problem, but today at choir practice, while trying to sight-read the notes and read the lyrics and sing (no mean feat for a half-man!), I lost my grip on my music folder midway through a song. In the ensuing arm-flailling and finger fumbling trying to regain my hold on it, I managed to propel it even further from myself and it landed  with a thump in the middle of the floor, a good distance away from me. By the time I got it back the alto section was a giggling snorting off-key mess :P. I was sick with embarassment but couldn't stop laughing either >.<

The conductor, bless him, took it all in his stride and calmly said "Right, the next time one of you decides to fling your folders onto the floor *further titters from me, i told you I was struggling to stop laughing* can the rest of you try to keep on singing...."

I am soooo going to moisturize before next rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment